Monday, October 13, 2014

I just want to know who invented school

Hey guys!

Let's have a chat about school (I felt the need to say that in a British accent because "chat" seems like a British word)

Obviously, in order to live, we need to be educated. Yes, we need to know how to add and multiply and divide and subtract and knowing how to read and write is pretty necessary. But seriously, who invented school?

Who decided that we needed to know the formula for acceleration or what a rhetorical device was? I don't care now, and I never will care and I WILL NEVER USE IT ONCE I PASS THE CLASS. How many of you adults read a book and then feel the need to make a quick note in the margin about the use of rhetorical devices in the paragraph. 9/10 of you don't do it and the ones who do, do it because they're weird. 

But it in all seriousness, am I ever going to need to know what a piece wise function is later on in life? I highly doubt it! So can someone please explain to me why I spent 90 minutes learning about it on Friday when I had much better things I could have been doing?! And in case you were wondering, those 90 minutes did not help at all because I still have no idea what that is or how to use it.

I know, I know, I should be grateful for my free education. I mean I suppose I am, but I can't help but feel kind of angry with whoever decided that I needed to spend all of my teenage years being extremely stressed out about things that will never matter once I graduate. 

It makes me really mad when adults act like teenagers shouldn't be stressed out because we should be more stressed out than anyone! My actions now, are pretty much determining my whole future. As an adult, you have your whole life set, you graduated, you have a job, and a house, and a car, and a family. Sure, you have to pay bills but I mean, you're practically living the life. Meanwhile I'm over here making sure I get an A on my piece wise functions test so that my GPA doesn't drop and I can actually go to college and get a job.

School isn't even about learning anymore, it's about passing. At this point I'm doing whatever I can to pass. I don't learn anything. I just try to remember as much as possible so I can pass the test and then I forget it all. I'm not learning anything. 

I just don't understand why people expect us to go to school 7 hours a day, join clubs and sports, do all my homework, have a job, help out around the house, have a social life and get 8 hours of sleep every night, there's only 24 hours in a day. 

My high school thought that starting school at 8:15 and letting us out at 3:15 would help us get more sleep and not be tardy but it didn't help anything because now we get out an hour later, sports and clubs end an hour later, we're starting homework an hour later, going to work an hour later and therefore going to bed an hour later. NOBODY'S GETTING MORE SLEEP.

I have an idea, how about we stop this whole stupid little study hall thing we have, and how about you stop making us take so many pointless electives, maybe then I'll have more time and get more sleep. 

School is just so ridiculous. It's a ton of unnecessary stress that nobody needs.  I just want to make it clear that I don't think any of the information I have learned during high school is going to help me in my future life. I AM WASTING MY TIME.

(This post was just in case you ever wanted to know what I thought about at 11 on a school night)

I'll talk to you guys later, 
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment