Friday, October 5, 2018

I Have Social Anxiety (and other facts about me!)

Hi everyone!

Since it has been so long so I consistently posted on my blog, I have changed a lot. So I figured that because I am basically a completely different person, combined with the fact that we might have a group of completely different people reading, I could share 25 facts about myself, with you!

1) I have social anxiety. This is probably the most defining fact about me. It's not diagnosed, and people always say not to self diagnose, but I did it anyway 😂 My entire childhood I was extremely shy, like my first grade teacher thought I was a mute shy. It wasn't until I got into high school that I realized that I wasn't just "shy" and that it went way deeper that so I did TONS of research, and from that I determined that I have social anxiety. I'd love to do a more in depth post about this in the future so stay tuned for that!

2) I love dogs! Loving dogs is such a common, trendy thing amongst girls these days but guys, I like really love dogs. I work at a dog daycare as a playroom attendant and I'm pursuing a career in dog grooming! I'm not saying I love dogs more than anyone else in the world, but, I really love dogs.

3) I am 20 years old! I actually just had my "half birthday" a few days ago which means there are only 6 months until I can finally legally drink! Excited would be an understatement.

4) I have 9 piercings. I have 3 lobe piercings on each ear, my cartilage and trigs on my left ear, and my right nostril!

5) I also have a tattoo! I just recently got two tiny paw prints tattooed behind my right ear and I think it's so cute. But to be completely honest, because I can't see it, I often forget it even exists 😂

6) I love going to concerts for extremely main stream artists! Haha, that was a jab at myself because I seriously listen to the most basic, pop, white girl music but hey, you like what you like! So far I have seen: One Direction, Melanie Martinez, Troye Sivan, Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran, Halsey, Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Niall Horan, and I have tickets to see Shawn Mendes again next summer!

7) Shawn Mendes is the love of my life. I think he is the cutest, sweetest guy and I really wish he wasn't famous and lived in my hometown so that I'd actually have a chance with him.

8) I have a leopard gecko and her name is Izzy! I got her for my birthday a couple years ago and she is the sweetest thing. However, she requires live insects to eat and it is the biggest pain in the ass. I'm not scared of bugs, so it isn't that. But they are expensive and such a pain to care for! They have to be fed fruits and vegetables and 9 times out of 10 I forget to change it and end up with a ton of mold. Plus, I have to have them shipped to me and they often come half or all dead which is infuriating. But I do love Izzy.

9) I am a loyal Starbucks customer. When I started my first semester of college, I had a 2 hour break between my classes so I started going to the Starbucks down the street to do homework during that break. Well, here we are 3 years later and I am a regular at that Starbucks. I walk in and the baristas are all "hey Kylie! The usual?" and always talk to me and catch up on my life. It's great. I don't even go to school anymore but the Starbucks is also conveniently close to my job so, I spend too much money there.

10) I am the oldest of 4! I have an 18 year old sister named Leanna, a 16 year old sister named Katelyn, and a 15 year old brother named TJ.

11) I really enjoy binge watching a good Netflix series. My favorites right now are Greys Anatomy, Jane the Virgin, and Gossip Girl!

12) I make YouTube videos! Katelyn and I started a channel 5 years ago and although it's been slow growing, we have so much fun making and uploading videos! youtube.com/katelynandkylie

13) I love pasta. It's my guilty pleasure. Give me any type of pasta and I'll eat it, in fact, I'll eat too much of it.

14) I do this thing where I get really interested in a specific thing and then do SO much research on it and learn EVERYTHING about it. I know so many fun facts about many topics such as Walt Disney World, Kings Dominion, Big Brother, and Full House!

15) My least favorite, physical part of myself is my hair. Being half black, I have SUPER curly hair. It's also super frizzy. Over the last few months I've tried to embrace my natural hair but I often straighten it because it's such a pain and I don't even enjoy the way it looks.

16) I love planning! I have an Erin Condren vertical life planner and I have so much fun buying planner stickers on Etsy and making the cutest spreads.

17) Besides Izzy, I also have a Betta Fish, and 3 dogs: Minnie the Lab mix, Piper the Jack Russell Corgi, and Daisy the Bichon.

18) I danced for 16 years! I wasn't competitive or serious at all but I did enjoy it a lot!

19) I fear sadness. I hate being sad so much that I literally fear it. I dread and worry about my family members and friends dying all the time because I don't want to deal with the sadness I will feel when it happens. I wasn't always this way, but last year when I ended my relationship with my boyfriend of 3 and a half years I was just so sad and it sucked so much and now I dread it ever happening again.

20) I am not good with money. I have the "I'll get paid again" mindset and it is so bad. I used to be so good at saving my money but I just don't know what happened 😂

21) My favorite dessert is brownies and cheesecake!

22) I hate people who worry so much about what others are doing and just judgmental people in general. It's obnoxious.

23) I used to be more of a "tomboy" but now I am definitely more girly. I love getting my nails done, wearing makeup, having my hair done all cute. Definitely more of a girly girl now 😂

24) I hate winter so much. It is so freaking cold for no reason. The only upside to winter is Christmas but after that I'm over it. I also hate how dark it is all day! We get sun for like 30 minutes and the rest of the day is just dark. I hate it.

25) To finish this up, we're going to go with a really simple fact because I am completely out of facts 😂 my favorite color is turquoise!

So I hope you guys enjoyed this and got to learn a little bit more about me!

Talk to you soon,
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment