Sunday, June 21, 2015

Dance Recital 2015!

Hey guys!

Yesterday was my dance recital for 2015! AKA, my 13th recital! Whhhaaatttt?! 13th recital?! That's insane. I can't believe I've been dancing with the same company since I was 2 years old and I only have one year left! I cry every time I think about it. It's so sad :( 

But let's be happy! This year I took lyrical, tap, and jazz and it was honestly one of my favorite dance years I've ever had! My classes, my dances, my costumes, my teachers, the recital theme, it was all just amazing. 

The theme this year was, S is for Spotlight! So every dance was something that started with an S. For tap we were skittles, jazz we were suffragettes, and lyrical we were statues. My favorite dance was definitely lyrical. The costume was absolutely gorgeous and the choreography was amazing as well and we all performed really well. This was my third year taking lyrical and the dances just get better and better every year. 

My jazz dance was rough. We danced to "Run the World" by Beyonce to be suffragettes, because you know, girls run the world. Our costumes were absolutely hideous in my opinion. However, every one in my class, all the parents, and just everyone else who walked past us loved them! I hated them! They were so freaking ugly and weird looking! Anyway, during recital I ended up forgetting the whole dance and at one point I just paused completely because I could not at all remember what I was doing. I seriously almost ran off stage and said forget it, it was that bad haha. Tap went well though! It was a cute dance, the costumes were cute, and I didn't forget the whole dance or fall so that's a plus!

The whole day was very long, the first show started at 12 so we got there just before 11:30 and then we had about 2 hours in-between shows and the second show started at 5. Then, too make everything even longer, there ended up being a severe tornado warning in the middle of the second show and everyone in the building had to take cover for a good 30 minutes before we could continue the show. It was very stressful but definitely a recital we won't be forgetting anytime soon. 

All in all, recital #13 was a success! One left to go and then I will have officially graduated from dance and I will cry. 

Leanna, Shaelin and I in our tap costumes being Skittles!



The sisters. Katelyn was Step Up for hip hop

I'm so sad this picture is blurry because I feel like it'd be so cute if it wasn't!

I really love this picture of Leanna, Mia, and I being statues

A sheriff, 3 suffragettes, and a girl from Step Up 

Ugliest costume I've ever owned

I really love this picture. Leanna and I had already finished dancing so we changed 
to go watch the rest of the show from the audience. But Evie just looks so cute! Evie was being 
Smurfette, Aubrey was a song bird for point, and Katelyn and Maddie were being sailing for lyrical

Being cute and what not

Well that's a wrap on the recital for this year! It's been a great dance season and I can't wait for it to start up again next year!

Until next time!
Kylie

























No comments:

Post a Comment