Thursday, August 13, 2015

New York City Trip!

Hey guys!

So recently I went NYC with my sister Leanna and our best friend Shaelin, plus Shae's mom. It was honestly probably the highlight of my summer as I've always wanted to go to New York! We went on Wednesday, July 29 and came back Thursday evening.

On Wednesday we got up bright and early to get to the bus stop at 6:40 am! The bus was actually really nice, it had outlets and wifi! We got the back seat so that all 3 of us could sit together. The trip there was about 5 hours so it was really long but we had fun playing phase 10 on our phones and just talking and hanging out.



When we got into the city I could not stop looking around! It was amazing to see something that I've seen on TV my whole life, in person! 

After walking about 2 miles to our hotel and checking in there we went shopping in Times Square which was so cool! Although, Times Square is actually kind of a disappointment! It's cool but it's just so much smaller in person than it is in pictures and movies and stuff! Although Leanna and I didn't buy anything on our shopping trip we still had fun looking around and seeing all the stores!
These are some pictures we took in various photo booths in some of the stores

This is the ball that drops on New Years Eve every year. It's so small in real life!
That night we went to Central Park which was so cool! We were going to go on a horse carriage ride but since it was over 90 degrees the horses weren't out. So instead we went on those bike things where someone rides the bike and then you sit in the seat thing in the back. 

This obviously isn't us but this is what it looks like haha

Central Park was really cool to see. I got to pet a snake! And we saw where John Lennon was killed. Overall Central Park was probably my favorite part of New York, it was super cool.






The next day we started off by going to a diner on Broadway. The waiters and waitresses were all singers and dancers who were trying to get on broadway and they performed while we ate and it was cool. I had chocolate chip pancakes and they were delish. 

Then we went to  Chocolate World, M&M World, and the Disney Store. Chocolate World was kind of disappointing, especially comparing it to every other store in NYC, it was just super small and kind of lame. M&M World however was super cool. I spent $13 on M&M's haha, but it was really cool. And they had really pretty colors! The Disney Store was so fun too, I love Disney so walking into that store was really fun.

I bought this shirt at the Disney Store. I really just wanted something that said
"New York" on it so this is what I picked! 
And here are my $13 M&Ms haha
Our hotel had an ice bar in it so after some more shopping we decided to try that out! It was honestly so cool, the whole thing was made of ice, even the cups! It was freezing in there but it was a really cool thing to experience. 

At this point we had quite a few hours to kill before we had to leave so we decided to head over to the Central Park zoo. It was pouring down rain for 90% of the time we were there so we could only visit indoor attractions but it was still cool! I love animals so of course it was fun for me. 



I bought this little guy at the gift shop. He cost me $20 but when I picked him up I couldn't set him down!
Plus I collect them so it was worth it!
And then to end our trip we had dinner at this pretty fancy restaurant and Leanna and I got these really fantastic grilled cheeses. It was not an ordinary grilled cheese! It had fancy bread and some kind of meet and fancy cheese and something that made it really sweet and it was just great. I did not regret that grilled cheese. If you're ever in New York and go to Rue 27, order the grilled cheese. You won't regret it. 

Overall, my first trip to New York was amazing! I had so much fun and I can't wait to go back one day.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Talk to you soon,
Kylie

1 comment: