Tuesday, September 11, 2018

An update!

Hi everyone!

I thought that since I randomly decided in the middle of the night last night to restart my blog after disappearing for 3 years, that it would be a good idea to update you guys on what has been going on in my life. A lot has changed since I was 17 and made my last post on here. I'm in that really awkward time in your life when all of your peers are on completely different paths and you don't even know what you're supposed to be doing.

I'm 20 years old now which is fucking insane. In a little over 6 months I'm going to be 21 and I seriously don't even know how this happened. One minute I was 14 years old and "in love" and "so stressed" (because freshmen year of high school is totally the most stressful time of life right?) and now I'm 20 years old, graduated from college, and have absolutely no idea what is going on.

After high school I went to a community college with plans to get my associates degree in general studies and then move on to a four year university and get my bachelors degree in graphic design. A couple months before my first semester of school I started a job working for a dog daycare and boarding facility and I fell in love with it. I have always been a huge dog person but this job just escalated my love for dogs so immensely. So much so that I actually changed my entire career plan! As much as I love messing around on photoshop, creating invitations for my cousins birthday parties and thumbnails for my YouTube videos, I had an epiphany one day that if I decided to turn a hobby I enjoyed into a career I was going to end up hating it and ruin my life. Because I loved my job working with dogs so much, it kind of just clicked with me that I was supposed to have a career working with dogs. It seems so obvious now but it really took me quite awhile to realize it. I toyed with the idea of being a vet tech but I can not handle having to watch so many animals be put to sleep and I also really hate science, so, I decided that I wanted to be a dog groomer. To be a dog groomer you don't need a college degree, or schooling at all actually. Since I was about half way into getting my associates degree at this point, I decided to go ahead and finish the classes I needed to get it. This past May, I finished up my last semester and achieved my associates degree! I was really excited to be the first person in my family to have a college degree, even if it was just an associates, and since my degree is in general studies, I have most of my basic classes covered and that means, if I ever do decide to go back to school and get my bachelors degree it won't be a giant pain in the ass to do!

After graduating from college, I decided to spend the summer continuing working part time at the job I had and loved so much because I really was not ready to leave it. Now that summer has come and gone, I am still working at the same job, however, I have gone almost full time so that I'm not spending a ton of time sitting around wasting my days since I'm no longer in school. My plan was to start looking for apprenticeships in the dog grooming field as soon as summer ended, however, I'm really not ready to leave my job. So, as of right now my plan is to continue working 30-35 hours a week at my current job until after the holidays, and at the start of 2019 I will finally make the move to start a job in my career field. I am super excited to start with a "real" job and just be at this point in my life, where life is actually beginning!

When I was last active on here, I was in a 2 and a half year long relationship with a guy named Jack. Jack and I have since ended things but oh boy guys, it was a roller coaster. He cheated on me, so we broke up in early 2016 but we ended up getting back together a month later. Then, in August of last year I broke up with him again. Since then we've been really good friends and actually did consider getting back together but eventually we decided that that was a bad idea. He was super super toxic for me which breaks my heart to say because I truly love and care about him. I don't want to sit here and trash talk him because he's a good guy and I wish him the best. However, I am 90% sure he's a sociopath. He truly only cares about his own happiness, he's a really good liar, and he's super manipulative. Being friends with him has been good, but he is just not the type of guy who should be in a relationship. It was just a bad situation. On top of that, his family is really fake and kinda bitchy (whoops) and I would be miserable if they were my in laws, sorry not sorry.

So, those are probably the two biggest updates since I stopped posting here. My family is also in the process of moving which has been...interesting. We lived in the same house for 16 years and finally, at the beginning of May, my parents decided to move into a bigger house. It didn't go as planned and now we live with my grandparents so that backfired 😂 I will definitely do a post explaining all the details of that entire saga that still isn't over but let's just say, this summer has been hell for my family haha.

I hope you all have a great rest of your day! Talk to you soon!

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment